This weekend was a good one. I started quilting the mermaid wall hanging. I did waving lines with my walking foot because I will keep the quilting very simple, the background is busy enough as it is. I did free motion quilting on the tail and hair of the mermaid. I really need to find this quilt a name.
I also started with the “rip and sew” technique….not sure if it is the real name but it will do. It is a way to have an interesting texture in the background. You tare ½ inch strips and then stitch them row by row along the center into the background fabric. I have to say that it is a great way to use fabric you don’t care about. It would break my heart to do this technique on my pretties.
I also tried to paint fabric for the first time. It really open a world of possibilities.